Professional Development GrantPurpose
Professional Development Grants may be awarded to an organization to fund its representative’s attendance at a professional development activity that benefits both the organization and the individual attending.Grant Amount
- Assistance up to $500 may be provided to match 50% of cash costs for registration fees and travel/lodging/meals at state government rates. Funds are awarded to the applicant organization. The final payment (10% of the grant) will be made upon receipt of the evaluation.
- Applicant organization may request funding for only one individual to represent them in the proposed professional development activity. No more than $500 may be awarded to an organization within a fiscal year.
- K-12 arts teachers may apply through their school districts.
Colleges and universities are not eligible to apply.Deadline
All materials must be postmarked at least 30 days prior to the beginning date of the proposed activity.Criteria for Awarding Grants
Applications are reviewed by staff with consideration given to:
- Complete description of the project.
- Contribution to overall quality of the arts in applicant’s community or region.
Indication of need for SDAC support.
- Realistic budget showing a strong commitment by the organization and cash support from other public and private sources.
Applicants must submit one copy of the following materials:
- A signed copy of the Interim Funding Application Form.
- A summary of the proposed activity must be supplied in the space provided on the application form.
- Budget Page. List the registration fee under
- A. Personnel/Other Outside Fees and Services. List travel, lodging and meals expenses under C. Travel. List sources and amounts of matching funds under the appropriate category in the Income section of the budget.
- Narrative. An application narrative which includes:
- Name, date and location of professional development opportunity.
- Name and address of individual who will be attending event and his or her relationship to the applicant organization.
- Explanation of how attendance will benefit the individual attending as well as
the applicant 6rganization.
Add the page(s) to the application.
- Resume. A resume or biographical information on the individual attending the activity. Add the page(s) to the application.
- Brochure. A brochure or printed information on the professional development opportunity. Add the page(s) to the application.
Make a copy of the application packet for your files before submitting the application.
Evaluation forms are due within 30 days from the ending date of the Professional Development opportunity. Information required on the Evaluation Form includes description of activity, rating (with explanation) of the experience, number of events attended, actual number of individuals benefiting, and financial report. Subsequent grants are dependent upon receipt of completed evaluation reports.